Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thursday, August 18 . . . Mom coats

There is a reason mom-style rain coats are a thing: it is unbelievably difficult to push a snap-n-go stroller with one hand while holding an umbrella with the other. Result: either you hunch and push with one hand and one elbow/shoulder/rib-cage, or . . .

002
Please note that baby is completely dry (and somewhat assumed at how wet Daddy is)

I've been lucky that it's only rained twice in the morning since I've been dropping him at daycare -- once it was light enough that I didn't have to worry about it, but once it was hard enough where I had to deal with the umbrella. But that was one time too many. I need a raincoat.

Now, along the lines as the Mom Haircut (sorry Mom), there is such a thing as a Mom Raincoat. I think of it as something like this:


Very useful, very functional, just not very stylish, pretty, or flattering.

I want something that a celebrity mom might wear. (really, I just want to be Angelina Jolie, but that's a different issue.)

Katie Holmes, looking adorable.

Angelina Jolie in a super cute trench coat

I couldn't find a trench coat I liked, but I did find this one:

  

I love that it has a hood, and I love that it doesn't look like a raincoat. We'll see how it looks in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment