Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8 ... Cow Milk

Ok, my goal had been to make it to 12 months without any formula or cow milk. Just breastmilk and complementary solids. And I almost made it.

The past few weeks have been a little rough a work. Stress + unpredictable days = missed pumping and diminished supply. We were burning through the freezer stash, and Wednesday I used the last two bags of freezer milk.

0EDB777B-8F97-4E3B-9F92-18EC5F5FD5FC

I stopped off at the store and picked up a quart of whole milk, and Thursday I sent him with an ounce of Moo juice in each bottle. They came home empty, so I guess he liked it.

The freedom to top off with a little cow milk will hopefully give us the freedom to still send breastmilk for another month or two. I'm going to start cutting down on pumping at work, since it's OBNOXIOUS, so I'm looking forward to that.

While I was hoping to make it to a year, I'll take my 11-month trophy.





No comments:

Post a Comment