Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Monday, June 25 ... Script

"Monday Night's Dinner, a one-act play" 
or 
"If everyone spoke English (or if everyone spoke 'Rowan')" ...

Act I
int. kitchen
a family of 3 sits down for dinner.
Mommy, Daddy, and baby Rowan, 14 months


Mommy
Ok, time for dinner. Here are a few pieces of salad.

Rowan
I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG!!! HAVEN'T YOU REALIZED THAT I'M STARVING!?!?!

Mommy
Don't forget to chew chew chew.

Rowan
THERE'S NO TIME FOR CHEWING!!!


[Rowan CHOKES on carrot]

Rowan
THE FOOD IS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

Mommy
Ok, let's try again. How about you sit on my lap?



[Mommy puts Rowan in her lap]

Rowan
Mommy has different food! I WANT MOMMY'S DIFFERENT FOOD!!!


[Rowan LUNGES for Mommy's plate]

Mommy
It's the same food. You food is just cut up smaller. It's the same.


[Mommy SIGNS the ASL sign for 'same']

Rowan
DAMMIT WOMAN! DON'T BOTHER ME WITH YOU CONFOUNDED FINGER MOTIONS! I WANT DINNER!

[Mommy puts Rowan down and IGNORES him as he begins to cry]

Rowan
I'LL NEVER EAT AGAIN!!!


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment