Remember Oprah's "Gratitude Journal"? When you write down 5 things your grateful for each day?
I am grateful for . . .
1. Daddy's ability to hold a screaming baby and not get agitated.
2. When baby sleeps for 5 hours, which means Mommy gets to sleep for 4 hours.
3. Baby stretches.
4. Thumb sucking.
5. Quiet, calm awake time, when Mommy is able to pee and eat breakfast.
But of course, there are some things I could live without. I'm not complaining . . . I'm just saying . . .
I could live without . . .
1. Baby crying for no reason.
2. Lack of REM cycles.
3. Sore boobies.
4. Being trapped in a rocking chair with my water/book/remote just out of reach.
5. Lack of adult conversation.