Sunday, May 1, 2011

of gratitude and lamentation

Remember Oprah's "Gratitude Journal"? When you write down 5 things your grateful for each day?

I am grateful for . . .

1. Daddy's ability to hold a screaming baby and not get agitated.

2. When baby sleeps for 5 hours, which means Mommy gets to sleep for 4 hours.

3. Baby stretches.
Rowan Makes Faces

4. Thumb sucking.
029

5. Quiet, calm awake time, when Mommy is able to pee and eat breakfast.

023


But of course, there are some things I could live without. I'm not complaining . . . I'm just saying . . .

I could live without . . .

1. Baby crying for no reason.

2. Lack of REM cycles.

3. Sore boobies.

4. Being trapped in a rocking chair with my water/book/remote just out of reach.

5. Lack of adult conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment