People talk about "getting to know" your baby. Well here's what I've figured out so far:
1) He likes Glee, especially the "belt-it-out" notes:
2) He has an uncanny ability to know when he's been put down, even if he's dead asleep.
3) On a related note, he loves being in the sling.
There's also a phenomenon surrounding learning to comfort your baby. It's called "surviving". Here's what I've figured out:
1) Physio Ball. Helped out during labor, and is pretty helpful now. Combine with the sling, and I can bounce him while having one or more hands free.
2. Burping. A few days ago, he started getting all squirmy at night. I think it might be a very strong let down, which can lead to more gas and/or reflux. I've taken some extra time for burping, and he's much happier. Slept for stretches of 3-4 hours last night, which means Mommy got to sleep for stretches of 2.5-3.5 hours, which makes for a much happier Mommy.
3. Stroller/Outside. Perhaps it's the novelty. Last night, after an hour of screaming (totally negating the whole "mommy going to bed early" concept), Daddy took him outside at like 10pm. Seemed weird at the time, but the extra hour of sleep was priceless.